Gov. and Lt. Gov. Accept Nomination for Another Term Leading Colorado
Denver, CO – Governor Polis and Lt. Governor Primavera tonight thanked Coloradans for their continued support as they campaign for the privilege to serve our state for another four years.
“As Colorado’s governor, I’m focused on doing what’s right for Colorado,” said Governor Polis. “While others divide us with partisan agendas, I’m working to get real work done for Coloradans — helping families keep more of the money they earn, better protecting communities from wildfires and crime, and standing up for more freedom for every Coloradan.”
Gov. Polis, Lt. Gov. Primavera and Polis for Colorado have held over 75 free community events, engaging with thousands of voters in every corner of the state. In addition to the hundreds of endorsements by elected, business and community leaders, the Governor has also received support from statewide advocacy organizations representing cornerstones of his agenda — championing freedom and inclusivity, fighting climate change, ensuring safe, healthy communities, and strengthening educational and economic opportunity.
“Governor Polis and our administration are getting the job done for Colorado,” said Lt. Governor Primavera. “We’ve cut red tape for small businesses and eliminated taxes on Social Security, expanded opportunity with free all-day kindergarten, and always defended a woman’s right to make her own medical decisions, including abortion.”
Governor Polis and Lt. Governor Primavera are working to expand opportunity and address the challenges Coloradans face in their everyday lives:
- Helping Coloradans keep more of the money they earn by capping the cost of prescription drugs like insulin, reducing property taxes, cutting taxes for small businesses, and getting rid of state taxes on Social Security income.
- Creating more opportunity by starting free, all-day kindergarten and making record investments in local schools to reduce class size and pay teachers more.
- Strengthening the state’s response to wildfires and other disasters while protecting Colorado’s clean air and water and preserving access to our precious public lands.
- Protecting our families by expanding background checks on gun purchases, supporting law enforcement and making sure police have the tools they need to fight crime, and doing more to prevent crime in the first place with drug treatment and mental health.
- Promoting more freedom, not less, and always defending the right to choose, the right to marry who we love, and the right to vote.