Protecting Colorado’s blue skies, water, and open spaces.
Governor Polis has strengthened the state’s response to wildfires and other disasters while protecting Colorado’s clean air and water and preserving access to our precious public lands.
- Providing needed resources to firefighters and first responders while streamlining state response and recovery capabilities and undertaking the most expansive wildfire mitigation work in recent history.
- Putting the state on a path to reach 100% renewable energy by 2040 by electrifying our transportation sector and securing commitments to reduce emissions by 80% by the end of the decade from utility companies representing nearly all electricity generation in our state.
- Accelerating our shift to lower cost, renewable energy while assisting workers who have been at the forefront of our energy industry with gaining the skills they’ll need to transition into good-paying, clean energy jobs.
- Doubling the amount of publicly accessible state parks by creating Fishers Peak and Sweetwater Lake and reduced the cost of a Colorado parks pass.
- Making historic investments in clean air while strengthening our water infrastructure and finding innovative ways to conserve Colorado’s most precious resource.