Setting Colorado kids up for success.
Governor Polis continues to set Colorado kids up for success by starting free, all-day kindergarten and making record investments in local schools to reduce class size and pay teachers more.
- Providing all-day kindergarten – and, starting soon, free universal preschool – to families across Colorado, while saving them saving families thousands of dollars per year on pre-k and kindergarten.
- Increasing per pupil funding for Colorado public schools by 18%, lowering class sizes and increasing teacher pay.
- Supporting and expanding our teaching workforce in all four corners of the state by increasing teacher salaries, offering loan repayment assistance, and increasing professional development opportunities.
- Froze college tuition for the 2019-2020 school year and addressing the cost of college by capping tuition increases at most state colleges at 3 percent, below inflation.
- Increased opportunities for high school students to take tuition-free college courses and earn college credit, helping them get ahead on their education and saving them thousands of dollars in tuition costs.